Fractured Thought(s) ~ Wisconsin Wedding Photographer
- SCHOOLS BACK IN SESSION! I could scream this from the rooftops, seriously. School starts in 2 days. By Friday, I will get my mid-day nap back and all will be right with the world.
- August (and well...summer as a whole) has been all about the Senior Sessions. I told myself "Self, you're gonna focus on Seniors and dominate that shizz" about 3 years ago. I had been told countless times by folks in the know that it takes quite a few years to get a handle on any Senior market. I feel like I'm getting there....closer...every year. I love the work I'm putting out for Seniors. It's decidedly "Type A"....moody when it needs to be, lit like I love it.....all about personality and a modern take on classic portraiture. I feel like the more I tweak things here and there, the closer I get to where I imagined my Senior business could be 3-4 years ago. I'm a happy lass.
- So, on the MOVING front....yes, we are still moving. WHEN? Well, that's the magic question now isn't it? Husband and I both agree that 2015 was pretty much our "lost year". A year of lost focus and lost ideals and...well...lost minds.
In some way, I feel like if I didn't at least TRY a job in the field I studied in college I would always wonder.....(plus, having spent $50,000 PLUS on college, I feel like I at least owed it to myself to try it). It was a wayward trip....and it was, all together, a bad idea. Had I never gone down that road, we would be moving into our dream house right now.
But, live and learn. I know that from experience. I know now that I'm meant to work for myself. Its the way I'm built. So, 2016 is a bit of a rebuilding year.....but so far its been incredible. Dream house is still on the horizon.
- I have spent the majority of the summer completely OBSESSED with the Hamilton soundtrack. Having OCD (like, legit OCD.....not cutesy "I'm really tidy" OCD)....obsession with things kind of comes part and parcel with everything I do. I don't just love things....I LOVE LOVE LOVE them to death. Until I've utterly exhausted their usefulness and ability to entertain me.
I am still rockin' that soundtrack. Its just SO. DAMN. GOOD.
However, I've added some things to my musical repertoire for car-ride sing-alongs. Namely Ghost's album Meliora, which has been on regular rotation lately. It's "Doom Metal" from Sweden. Yes. I am Master of Randomness.
ALSO, Jimmy Eat World (one of my Top 3 favorite bands) announced a new album is coming. Squuueeees were had.
- Bridget has been rolling over like the boss baby she is. She's a nano-second away from sitting up on her own and I'm thrilled because that'll make her 6 month pictures in October MUCH easier. Yes, I'm already planning those out.
- So sad about Gene Wilder. Yes, it was probably his time. But, he was one of the greats and that one stung a bit.
- Right now I'm "reading" (sort of.....in that I get about 2 pages in at night....sometimes) Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton (told you. Obsessed.) At 800 pages or so should take me a good 5 years to finish at this rate. But, the guy's story IS fascinating. That's why they made a musical!
- Coming up? 9 more weddings to go until the end of the season....including events in Door County, Sheboygan, Bayfield,and Lake Delton. Seniors, Seniors, more Seniors (bring it! LOVE it!)
I am hosting "Senior Mini's" on October 9th. This is an opportunity for folks who don't need/want a full session to get some in-studio or on-Milton-campus shots for yearbook or framing purposes. Or because mom said so.
If you wanna Mini, shoot me a message.
- On the scheduling front, September is about 75% full right now. I'm booking into October and November for holiday portraits and last-minute Senior sessions.
Here's some shots from the last month or so! :)