Ok, yeah, I know. It's been a grip. (Remember when people used to say "it's been a grip" since they'd done something? One of the dumber slang terms.....)
I'm having 90s nostalgia this week.
Currently Spinning: Hamilton. Like, duh. Yes. Still Hamilton. HOWEVER....The Singles Soundtrack is being released on vinyl very soon, so I may have to just give that a few runs in the car. For old times sake. Because it's one of the greatest movie soundtracks EVER.
Currently Watching: This Is Us. I don't know what possessed me to start watching this God-forsaken show where dreams go to die and your heart crumbles to peices like so much feta cheese.....but holy crap. I know it's the manipulative work of evil writers who feed off of our salty tears. Don't care. I love every schmaltzy second.
AND I'm watching Feud: Bette and Joan which is just campy amazingness that is MUST-see TV.
Currently Reading: I've actually made TIME to read in 2017....which I always say I'm going to do and always end up not doing. And since I'm writing a lot more now (not on here, I know...I know) I'm trying to read more fiction....which is a struggle for me. I'm not so much a fiction-reading fan.
But I just finished The Fault in Our Stars (don't laugh, those too-cool-for-high-school, it was really good) and now I'm reading The Book of Ruth. I have The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter coming in the mail this week, and I'm looking forward to starting that. Gotta take advantage of it not being wedding season!
Let's get to it, shall we?
- I know I haven't blogged one of these "random ramblings" since January. I'd like to say it's because we were busy moving.
Nope. House is for sale though. It's a beginning. :)
Come buy our house. For reals.
- We toyed with the idea of building, even coming one day from signing a purchase agreement on a lot in Oconomowoc, WI. But, after many, many, MANY late night talks decided to purchase an already built home. We didn't want to wait months and months to move our of my in-law's basement. I say that with love, but we like them and want them to continue to like us.
- I had been doing very well on the Crossfit track until my body started to rebel. I am LEGIT allergic to the gym. I think it's rubber. I was coming home covered in hives. So, until I figure out how to have that NOT happen, I'm on a Crossfit hiatus. I'm hoping to add a row machine and weights to the basement of the new house though. I miss lifting heavy stuff.
- We lost John Hurt. The War Doctor. Suckage. Old age sucks. Cancer sucks.
- I took a pair of jammies that were the last jammies my Grams wore before she died and had a local seamstress make a bear out them. I'm hoping to get her antique chaise refurbished before we move and set it all up in our new house.
- Speaking of 90's stuff, did you know Kurt Cobain would have been FIFTY this year?
Yeah, how old do you feel now?
- Bill Paxton died too. Are we gonna see another "Year of Big Time Dead Celebrities"?
- Got our first look at my lovely Linammon Roll (that's Lin Manuel Miranda for those who aren't immature fan-girls at age 36) as Jack in Mary Poppins Returns. It's going to be THE. BEST.
- Senior Season has kicked off in style, with many of my Class of 2018 Senior Models joining me in the studio already. I got the Senior list for the Oconomowoc School District too, so folks up that way, keep an eye out for a special mailer just for you.
I say this every year, I feel, but I freakin' love photographing seniors. It's my jam.
- My other jam? Weddings....and weddings have hit strong this year. I'm nearly booked in full but would like to add 1 or 2 more to the 2017 roster before moving on to 2018 focus.
I'm doing a TON of Chicago weddings this year, which is going to be a fun change of pace.
- I'm still hosting $150 Mini Sessions until April 1st so snatch one of those if you're needing portraits.
and SPEAKING of Weddings and Portraits and Seniors (like we were....) ....the Spring Forward DOUBLE UP SALE is going on RIGHT. AS. WE. SPEAK. As in NOW, dude! That means if you spend $100, you get $200. Spend $500, you get $1000. Spend ANY amount and that amount automatically doubles. I only host this sale in March and on Cyber Monday so JUMP on it!!! You can save YUGE. ;)
Those of ya'll who are part of the mailing list got a heads up the day before the sale started. If you're not part of the mailing list? Why the heck not! Come on over, we're fun! (Click the Sign Up! Button in the upper right hand corner). You'll get special sale info, updates, coupons, free PDFs, what-have-you. It's a good thing (and I promise not to be spammy).
I've only taken a handful of pictures in the last few months that aren't for work....or for selling the house....but a lot of cute one's of the little Baby Bridget....who is going to be ONE soon. I cannot freakin' believe how fast that year went. It's insane.
So check out some personal pics and we'll chat soon! Keep an eye on the Facebook page for more sneak peeks of seniors AND a fun Chicago engagement session coming up!