'Member when I used to do these every week?
"Oh yeah, I 'member"
What was WRONG with me?
Anyways....let's get to it....
(There be affiliate links yonder)
Currently Spinning: Hamilton (natch). I've been really enjoying The Pretty Reckless when I've caught them on the radio. I kind of passed them off as cheeseball chick-rock trying to exploit their very good-looking former child star lead singer. But.....I enjoy them. I'll own up to it.
Currently Reading: I read quite a bit this past 30-40 days, which is WEIRD considering how busy I've been. I read Janesville: An American Story, which was FASCINATING being that I live in Rock County and knew a lot of the major players in the story. Tried to read Girl Code. It sucked and further solidified my "side-eye" at the whole "Girlpreneur" movement that is crawling it's sparkly, stark white way out of the crevices of social media.
I'm a "girl" (though I prefer woman. Lady even. Chick sometimes).
I run a business.
But I cannot identify with a large majority of the big "social media influencers" in my market. I just cannot. Even though it's what I'm supposed to do.
So, I sent the book to a friend. For free. Maybe passing it on will help.
Right now I'm making my way through You've Got a Book in You by Elizabeth Sims to....I dunno...see if I've got a book in me.
Currently Watching: Not a damn thing. I guess that's why I've had more room to read. I haven't been really watching anything. I did catch a REALLY good documentary on Netflix about MLM's called Betting on Zero.
- I've been doing a LOT of writing in the last few months. Some for blogs for money and some for myself for....I dunno. Myself. My notebook budget is going through the roof. I definitely have a notebook addiction issue.
- We are still camping out in the in-law's basement.
We still have no hole in the ground on our land.
No, I don't want to talk about it.
- I did three double header weekends in a row in June. I'm WIPED. Seriously, I need to take up regular massages or something. I'm coming to the realization that 40 is just around the corner and my joints are starting to feel prematurely creaky. I also went to the doctor and she told me I have high blood sugar and high cholesterol and I need to stop eating so many carbs. Which pretty much eliminates my entire diet. So there's that. Getting older sucks.
Proof of my on-coming elderly status? I tried to add Snapchat to my phone.....and after being on it for all of about 3 minutes...I promptly deleted it. Damn fool kids and their chatty snaps.
- Hit up several antique shops in the area over the last month....my biggest "score" being three early 1900 LM Montgomery books. They were just SITTING THERE....waiting for me.
- Bridget is now a walker/semi-runner......and can say several words like Hi, Dada, 'Nack (snack), Bye Bye....but not Mama.....because she's a goober.
- The husband and I bought a table and chalk painted it. Just give me my own HGTV show already.
- I sat out fireworks on the 4th and instead stayed "home" (read: in-laws home) and watched America: The Story of Us, which is always incredible.
- Celebrated 11 years of marriage with the husband with a lovely dinner out in Madison and one too many cocktails. (Again. Old.)
- DUUUUDE. THE NEW DOCTOR IS A CHICK!!!!!!! (Not a girl. A WOMAN.)
I'm not mad at it.
As the husband said "At least she's hot"
He would say that. Men.
Coming up: More weddings, of course. Seniors are BLOWIN. UP. Like, insanity. Pure insanity. No complaints here, it's what I've been working towards for years.
The Christmas in July Sale is STILL going on and you can save 50% off portrait sessions until July 31st. Grab your voucher HERE
I'm also hosting a beginner's photography workshop called Newbie U at the studio on September 10th. Grab one of the remaining 4 seats HERE
Now, look at pictures of my kids. For fun. :) Yeah...it's a bit Bridget heavy....but coming up on 10, Betty has been a bit "meh" about the camera as of late and Molly is still nearly impossible to freeze mid-craze.