So I didn't realize it had been since mid-APRIL since I've done one of these.
WTF, Amanda. Seriously?
Let's get to it.
(Affiliate links contained here-in to stuff that I think is rad)
CURRENTLY SPINNING: Ghost Prequelle...FO. SHO. OMG, this album. It's SO good. SO SO good. It's very rare that the husband and I agree on anything music-wise, but this one has us both hooked. We went to the Ghost show in Milwaukee last week and the first half was positively incredible. Unfortunately a man passed away in the pit at intermission and the remainder of the show was cancelled. Hopefully in the future they'll return to Milwaukee. In the meantime, this album. OMG, this album.
CURRENTLY WATCHING: Not much, but whatever it is....it sure isn't Roseanne. Amirite? LOL.
CURRENTLY READING: I just finished Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Willard Thames, which was REALLY good and full of useful tidbits. I'm re-reading Seth Godin's Tribes right now.
- We are ALL moved into the house. We have a big-ole mud pile for a yard. But we're here! Now that it's all pretty much said and done, would I build again? Probably not. The expense, the stress, the living with other people, it's just.....a bit much. If we ever move again, here's hoping it's an old, rambling farmhouse in PEI, Canada. (HA! Dream much?)
- The kids are all done with the school year and will be off to Edgerton school district next year. Molly in 2nd grade, Betty in 6th. CRAZY!
- Bridgie turned two and if I'm completely honest I had a hard time with it. She's my last baby and she's not a baby anymore, but a toddler. She's still a full-on mama's girl though, which I'll take for as long as she'll give it.
- We went viral! Ok...mini-viral. What's the views cut-off for viral? Who knows. Our "Disney Reveal Video" is up to 4.5 million views. There was a dust-up over Betty's language in the video (she says "Oh my freaking god" over and over). That was fun to watch. Some people are legit insane. Like, out of their minds. Ahhh....the internets.
- I didn't watch the Royal Wedding....I see plenty of weddings, there was nothing about this one that made me particularly interested. I did like that her dress had sleeves though.
- We got our dog back! Mr. Mickey lived with my parents while we built our house, so we were sans-dog for a year! He's settled right into the new house, finding various places to lay around and be the lazy dog he is.
- It's Pride Month (woot!). The Beloit Public Library is hosting a Drag Queen Storytime day and there are folks getting all backwoods and bigot-y about it. WISC 3 came to interview me just today about taking my kids to it. That was a fun little surprise but SUPER stressful, mostly because I was home alone with 3 kids (2 of which just cannot stop talking over adults and 1 who is terrified of camera equipment, apparently) and a bark-y dog.
But, I'll be on the news tonight, speaking out for LGBTQ allies! Bring on the Drag Queen Storytime!
- This week marks TWENTY. YEARS. since I graduated from high school. If that doesn't make me feel ancient, I don't know what would. That last twenty years went by at light speed. The amount of decisions made, mistakes made, moves made, and legacy saved in that time astounds me. I still remember exactly what it felt like to be 17 and on the cusp of adulthood (it's effing terrifying). I remember not knowing what I wanted to do with myself. I remember trying so hard to be comfortable in my own skin.
I'll be 38 at the end of this month. Not sure if I'm comfortable in my own skin yet. I think that may take a lifetime to figure out.
- Work wise, Senior Season AND Wedding Seasons are all on. Another summer, another year of walking and bug bites and killer shots and lighting and figuring things out. I love it. Everyday.
- I'm working on a lighting e-book. Still. Yeah. Don't start an e-book mid-move. Stupid idea.
I'm thinking of doing an e-course with it, but we'll see how ambitious I get!
- Have you followed over @ The Pudgy Gazelle? I'm giving away some freebies and I will be putting together a shop soon so folks can snag budgeting tools, personal finance helpers, and lots of other neat stuff! Now is the time to get in on this community of debt slayers!
- SENIORS - If you haven't scheduled your Class of 2019 Senior Portraits yet, NOW IS THE TIME!!!! Seriously, really popular dates (such as fall color time) get snatched up really fast and most of you have high schools that have fall submission dates for headshots. Don't wait until the last minute!
- WEDDING COUPLES - I am now taking bookings for 2019 and 2020 weddings. I'm really trying to seek out quirky, fun couples that are having laid-back or unique affairs. I also love potatoes. If you're having potatoes, can I shoot your wedding?
Here's a run down of some pics from the last month and a half! Yes it's Bridget heavy. The girls were in school so she was my model most days. Enjoy!