SUNDAY JULY 9 2017
10AM to 5PM
For anyone scratching their head over all those crazy buttons on your new DSLR Camera, this class is for you!
A day-long class including:
- Manual Settings
- Using Light
- Simple Posing and Directing
- A Model Shootout to Test Your New Skills!
SUNDAY JULY 23, 2017
Do you love photography and want to start photographing people....but don't know where to start?
This is the class for you. The Newbie U - Portraits class will give you a crash course in photographing people.
- Dynamic lighting - Inside and Outside
- Finding your "style" in a sea of sameness
- Photographing kids v. adults
- Getting and retaining clients
- Posing and directing
- How to structure a new portrait business (the boring money and legal stuff)
We'll have models on hand to test your new skills and lunch will be served!
This class is for folks who already have a firm grasp of manual camera settings on their DSLR.
This is a great class for anyone who thinks they may want to give this whole portrait photography thing a go but doesn't know quite where to start.
Start here! Newbie U!
SUNDAY AUGUST 13, 2017
Weddings can be a daunting task for even seasoned photographers. They are definitely a different beast than portraits. I've even talked to some folks who are TERRIFIED of weddings!
When I first started I kind of jumped in with both feet and guns blazin'. I've learned a TON since then.....
It's a whole 'nother game! That's for sure!
If you think you might be interested in the fabulous world of photographing weddings but need a bit of a peek into what it's like before you start?
This is the class for you! Type A has been shooting weddings since 2008 and seen tastes change, styles change, and approaches change.
This class includes:
- Are you ready for a wedding?
- Getting clients (and keeping them happy)
- Customer Service 101 (or how not to piss people off)
- Simple beginning marketing techniques to get the word out
- Pricing for Newbs
- Structuring a Wedding Day
- Second Shooting (walk before you run, grasshopper)
- Simple posing and taking charge
- Simple lighting
- Finding your unique wedding "voice" once you get rolling
This workshop is for folks that already have a firm grasp of manual settings on their DSLR camera.
We'll have lunch served and models to work with.
The Small Print:
- Retainers for Workshops are non-refundable, but can be sold/transferred to another student if you are unable to attend, or used for other Type A Images products/services.
- I truly love teaching and if you ever have any questions/concerns/or need clarification on anything from any of the classes, please feel free to shoot me an email!